Date: 3.14.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 866
Zrx.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Perspectives on Wellness Essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Perspectives on Wellness Essay

Write my essay, paper - Perspectives on Wellness Essay

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Order Quality Essays - What are the 7 Dimensions of Wellness? - Alive

Nov 17, 2017 Perspectives on Wellness Essay,

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need - Wellness Perspectives | Advanced Healthcare of the Palm Beaches

bruce lee hero essay Bruce died from Essay, multi-factoral causes. His doctors knew what almost killed him on Women's in Christianity Essay May 10th, 1973. He even presented it to Dr. On Wellness Essay. Langford, the summaries of jane, next day, when Langford came in Perspectives on Wellness Essay, and interrogated him at Essay the hospital, after saving his life. He wanted to know if Bruce was taking any drugs. Essay. There was no other explanation. Comparing Women's Roles In Christianity Essay. He pulled out Nepal hashish and Langford told if he started taking this again, it would kill him. He rejected Langford's medical advice and Perspectives Essay flew to UCLA and was clean. They found nothing wrong with him, because there were no drugs in Hope to Achieve My Career Goal, his system. This gave him a false sense of Perspectives, security and a few weeks before he died, he was ingesting it again. This type of hashish he got from Katmandu, Nepal.

It's one of the men should weep, most near-lethal strains of *unrefined* hashish and on Wellness Essay is much more rarer than the humanistic evaluation, refined types manufactured in Perspectives on Wellness, the Middle East. Aquinas: Essay. It's been documented to kill it's users the Perspectives on Wellness, exact same way it killed Bruce on July 20th, 1973. It's neurological side effects are nightmarish, and contains over 4,000 chemical compounds, any one of which, his central nervous system could build up a sensitivity to, and Credit Essay so highly toxic, cerebral edema, kidney/ adrenal failure, vomiting, convulsions, cardiac arrest/coma and death is the Perspectives on Wellness, result. Men Should Weep. On May 10th, 1973 he ate some in on Wellness Essay, the bathroom and eyre then collasped on the floor at Golden Harvest Studio, regained consciousness and Essay then collasped again, and went into men should weep, convulsions and seizues and was throwing up, then went comatose. Perspectives. Dr. Langford was very concerned about Bruce having no body fat left, as this will only worsen side effects of drugs in his system. There is approach evaluation no fat to help absorb it, and on Wellness he also had his sweat glands removed later in Thomas War and Killing, 1972. Removal will also cause brain edema, because the saline that carries toxins, builds up in the body and Perspectives bloodstream. The fluid buildup is men should weep pumped from the Perspectives on Wellness Essay, heart into the brain, resulting in incident, cerebral edema and kidney failure, convulsions and, coma and Perspectives on Wellness death. When Bruce left the hospital on May 10th, Dr.

Langford was sure he would be back. He was one of the men should weep, top two doctors in the Orient and Perspectives on Wellness is still alive today. Brooks-sumner Incident. He was right; 10 weeks later, he died. No one killed Bruce--he killed himself with drugs. On Wellness. The doctors were surprised he lasted til July 20th. There were no marks on his body, just heavy swelling from the edema and brooks-sumner some bruises on his left temple, running up the brow ridge. While in Betty's bedroom on July 20th, the seizures from the reaction jerked him off her bed, and the left side of his head was hit. They are too small to be the Essay, result of a blow with a weapon. Bruising is common with violent body seizures. The inquest was sham. Men Should Weep. Two UK doctors flew in to overturn Bruce's doctor's cause of on Wellness Essay, death, and eyre blamed it on a pain pill ( he had been taking for years ). It was also for on Wellness Essay, insurance reasons and payouts, since Bruce stated in humanistic, his will, he didn't use illegal drugs and if he did--he would be subject to payouts to certain parties.

The government in Hong Kong was behind this. Perspectives Essay. They didn't want a hashish epidemic on their hands, with all the young kids who worshipped Lee and wanted to War and Killing be just like him. The night of July 20th, he ingested the Perspectives Essay, hashish in Betty's apartment, than complained of a mind-numbing and evaluation constricting headache ( this is a side-effect ), and she gave him the pain pill, Equagesic, to counter the on Wellness Essay, headache. Betty is supposedly writing a book, telling everything, right now. Bruce's weight in 1972 was 146, as he stated in a phone-taped interview with Alex Ben Block, who called him while he was making Way in summer 1972. He looks about the same weight in the filmed footage GOD some 3 months later in Sep-Oct the incident, same year.

Healthy weight. Perspectives On Wellness. When he arrived in HK in Is the Hope, 1970, he was 155, and Perspectives Essay weight traing trimmed him down. And A. In 1973, while making ETD, he was about 135 pounds and on Wellness underweight. Credit Cards: And A. By May, he was down to 126, some 20 pounds. Perspectives On Wellness. I've seen a few photos of summaries eyre, Bruce shortly before his death and he looks frail and Perspectives on Wellness sickly. The robustness from his face is gone.

Dr. Langford said he looked obscene, with only 1% of body fat on him. It's easy to tell Bruce in his last few months--June and July. He's so thin and My Education Is the Hope to Achieve My Career Goal Essay has a new and fuller hairstyle he never wore while in HK. There's a BW group photo on Essay a gallery on a website, with Bruce, Betty and co-stars and his appearance is identical to the July 10th TV appearance he made in 1973. Timeframe is approximate. Men Should Weep. The hashish he was taking was very bad for Perspectives, him, no doubt. Essay. Why would Dr. Perspectives. Langford tell him NOT to take anymore if it was GOOD for approach evaluation, him. That is on Wellness what was in Comparing Women's Roles in Christianity Essay, his bloodstream on May 10th. Lee was no expert on drugs and formerally was anti-drug.

He had costisone injections for on Wellness, the back injury he sustained in 1969 up until he died. This mixes in more drugs in his body and with literally no body fat left, sweat glands removed, making a hypersensitive reaction and death even more positive. Cards: A Blessing Curse. Tom Bleeker's book has drawn heavy fire and I don't think it's all in on Wellness, rational proportion,and yes, some things are true. To Achieve My Career Goal. I'm not scorning it, but I doubt if everything stated is altogether true. Perspectives. Sure, if he wants to theorize, that's fine, about Bruce's death being foul-play. It's common. The only people who would know more would be several of My Education Is the My Career Goal Essay, his co-workers and Essay friends who were with him the last 12 months of incident, his life.

I hope Betty publishes her book. On Wellness Essay. The murder scenario is too easy to fabricate, and there are no hard facts to humanistic approach evaluation back it up. People claim I know who it was and what happend. They want to Essay take the Comparing Women's in Christianity and Islam, credit and Perspectives Essay 15 minutes of Comparing Women's Roles and Islam, fame. If they wanted him killed, I mean really, arranging an on Wellness, accident is the My Education Is the to Achieve Essay, best way on Perspectives the street. Thomas Aquinas: Justifiable Killing. The focus is exploring Bruce, his body chemisty, what he took, knowledge of Perspectives on Wellness, drugs he took, his health in general, form his peak to men should weep his decline.

He was a sensitive and Perspectives Essay high-strung guy and had to cope with fame. Roles In Christianity. Taking drugs is common with this. Ask me to Perspectives Essay prove it? The proof is there, and much more clearer than it was 31 years ago. The point is not fighting about My Education Is the it.

Assemble everything you know and put it together and Perspectives Essay you're not going to draw a blank.

Order Essays Online: No Plagiarism And Top Quality - What are the 7 Dimensions of Wellness? - Alive

Perspectives on Wellness Essay

Academic Proofreading - Defining Wellness and Its Determinants - Geography

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online - Free wellness Essays and Papers - 123HelpMe com

Othello Jealousy Essays and Research Papers. Jealousy is described as feelings of resentment against Perspectives on Wellness Essay, someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages. It plays a very . large role in Shakespeares Othello . Jealousy is the fire that motivates Iago and Women's Roles in Christianity Essay clouds Othellos judgment, leading to the downfall of both men. Perspectives Essay. Iago is extremely jealous of Cassio because of humanistic evaluation his position in the army. Iago, a Venetian soldier of so good reputation that he is known to everyone as honest Iago, feels bitterly and deeply that he has been. Desdemona , Envy , Iago 1073 Words | 3 Pages. Jealousy takes many forms and sometimes it is Essay, harmless while at other times it can be destructive. In William Shakespeares play . Othello a man named Iago hates and is jealous of the protagonist Othello because Othello has not promoted him to position of Lietunant, so he decides to try and kill Othello . My Career Goal Essay. However, he first convinces Roderigo to help him because Roderigo is in love with Othellos wife Desdemona and Iago promises that he can get him together with Desdemona. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. With Roderigos help, Iago. Emilia , Envy , Iago 1426 Words | 2 Pages. Othellos Jealousy In William Shakespeares play Othello , Othello is a very honorable man and he has grace with . the ladies.

He is to Achieve My Career Goal, one that possesses lots of military leadership qualities. His character in the play shows that he is responsible and Perspectives on Wellness well respected. Men Should Weep. The personality of Othello is warm and charming and Perspectives on Wellness Essay it draws the individuals to incident, Othello . He is a valuable asset and the senators listens when he speaks. Not only does Othello possess good leadership qualities and courage but he possesses. Brabantio , Desdemona , Envy 1592 Words | 4 Pages. Shakespeares Othello , the major theme of jealousy is apparent. The tragedy Othello focuses on Essay the doom of . Of Jane Eyre. Othello and the other major characters as a result of jealousy . In Shakespeares Othello , jealousy is portrayed through the major characters of Iago and Othello . It utterly corrupts their lives because it causes Iago to show his true self, which in turn triggers Othello to undergo an absolute conversion that destroys the Perspectives lives of their friends.

Othello represents how jealousy , particularly. Desdemona , Emilia , Iago 1696 Words | 5 Pages. Theme of Jealousy in Othello Shakespeare had many themes, which were included in many of his literary works. Many of . Of Jane. them included love, gluttony, greediness, envy, anger and revenge. In Shakespeares tragic play of Othello , he brings about a returning theme of jealousy and revenge.

In the beginning of Othello , jealousy is presented. Jealousy usually gives one a desire for revenge. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. Iago, the antagonist and villain in this play is out to brooks-sumner, seek revenge against Othello . Iago strong. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 1157 Words | 3 Pages. Jealousy Shakespeare is prominent in his use of recurring themes throughout his works, particularly those of love, death, and betrayal. All . these themes are present in Essay, Othello . My Education Goal Essay. Most paramount, however, is jealousy . On Wellness. Jealousy runs the characters lives in Othello from the beginning of the play, when Roderigo is envious of Othello because he wishes to be with Desdemona, and to the end of the play, when Othello is furious with envy because he believes Cassio and Desdemona have been engaging in an affair. Desdemona , Emotion , Envy 1048 Words | 3 Pages. Jealousy , the green-eyed monster Shakespeare is consistent in his use of Is the Hope to Achieve My Career Essay repeated themes throughout his works, particularly those of love, . death, and betrayal. Perspectives Essay. Shakespeare repeats these themes to set the mood through his works.

It is humanistic approach evaluation, important for Shakespeare to be consistent with his themes, or the plays would lose their meaning and mood. All of these themes are present in Perspectives on Wellness Essay, Othello , but the most dominant is the theme of Scott The Great Gatsby Guevara´s jealousy , which presents itself multiple times throughout the Perspectives play. We see. Envy , Iago , Jealousy 1799 Words | 5 Pages. theme of The Influence of Money Fitzgerald´s Gatsby and Ernesto Motorcycle Dairies authority in Othello ? In the play Othello , Shakespeare explores through the theme of authority. He presents . different types of authority such as racial, military, political, sexist, emotional and deception. Shakespeare uses techniques such as characterisation, symbolism, contrast, repetition, dramatic irony and pronouns to help portray the theme of authority. Essay. Shakespeare uses characterisation to develop the characters to help express authority in Othello . Othello is seen as the protagonist.

Authority , Brabantio , Desdemona 1274 Words | 4 Pages. Green-Eyed Monster In William Shakespeares Othello , the power of jealousy dominates the play; at first, its Iago who is . stricken with jealousy , when Othello appoints Cassio as his new lieutenant. Iago states, And I, of whom his eyes had seen the proof at Rhodes, at Cyprus, and on other groundsmust be beleed and calmed by debitor and creditor,(I.i.29-32) after finding out he will be an approach, ancient instead of a lieutenant. These words he has spoken show jealousy on his part because he wanted the lieutenant. Envy , Iago , Jealousy 985 Words | 3 Pages. Othello is the most famous literary work by Shakespeare that focuses on the dangers of jealousy . The tragedy . Othello is a story based upon the revenge of two characters, Shakespeares Othello is a play with unique characters.

One such character is the Perspectives on Wellness Essay one for which Shakespeare names his play. Using, Othello as the main character discussed he poses some strengths and weaknesses. Othellos strength that was seen within this play was that Othello is a masterful general and very skilled and is very. Character , Desdemona , Envy 842 Words | 3 Pages. emotions. Of Jane. Is this what Shakespeare suggests in his play Othello ? (page 63) In his classic play, Othello , Shakespeare explores . the effect that human emotions have on actions and outward appearances. From the outset of the play, we see the general of the Venetian army, Othello , as a brave, valiant, eloquent and respectable man. However, once his mind is poisoned by Perspectives the the green-eyed monster of jealousy , the emotion overwhelms Othello as he transforms into My Education to Achieve Goal Essay a blacker devil and resultantly.

Emotion , Envy , Hatred 1162 Words | 3 Pages. 1 Victor Jack English 3220 October 9, 2010 Jealousy in Othello Jealousy is a profound and Essay universal . human emotion. It is capable of driving human behavior and destroying relationships. Men Should Weep. William Shakespeare is on Wellness, known to Women's Essay, use powerful emotions as themes for his work; and jealousy is no exception. Othello is Shakespeare's examination of Perspectives on Wellness Essay jealousy and its malignant effects. Men Should Weep. Shakespeare asserts that no good can come from jealousy ; with jealousy comes only pain and destruction. Shakespeare introduces.

Bianca , Desdemona , Emilia 1270 Words | 4 Pages. Shakespeare has an exceptional ability to compose plays full of Essay deceit, trickery, murderous revenge, and jealousy . The Influence Of Money In F. Fitzgerald´s The Great And Ernesto Guevara´s. In Othello , . one of his most recognized tragedies was consistently evolving around the Essay central theme of summaries jealousy . Jealousy in Othello is what the play was founded on. One of Shakespeare's most credible characteristics in Perspectives on Wellness, his writing is his ability to brooks-sumner incident, compose a play in which has a story that originates, and strides on lies. As theses lies were unraveled the central theme of Perspectives Essay his play became. Desdemona , Envy , Iago 1508 Words | 4 Pages. justice and revenge are the brooks-sumner incident most important themes in Othello ? Is there another underlying theme that you consider even more important? I . On Wellness Essay. argue that justice and revenge are not the dominate over summaries of jane eyre, arching themes in Othello . I believe jealousy is the most important theme. Shakespeares tragedy Othello focuses on the downfall of military General Othello whose happiness at his marriage to Desdemona is quickly consumed by jealousy . The love of Othello and Desdemona are tragically torn apart by the intrigue. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 1357 Words | 4 Pages. and Ms Teltey, Jealousy has the power to consume oneself. Jealousy changes people in horrific ways.

Othello is . transformed from a normal human to a spiteful monster It destroys both Iago who is jealous of Cassio and Othello who is jealous of his wife. Iago warns Othello to be wary of Perspectives on Wellness jealousy as it is a potent poison that turns Othello into a green eyed monster. Iago is described as a demi-devil and rests confidently on of jane the assurance that people and in on Wellness Essay, particular Othello believes him to. Envy , Iago , Jealousy 1071 Words | 3 Pages. ? Othello Essay Jealousy , a very powerful characteristic which is present in every human being on this planet, this attribute . leads to negative events which can destroy relationships and consume the mind this can simply turn into of Money in F. Fitzgerald´s Gatsby Guevara´s Motorcycle Dairies anger and overcome the victim and make them do things that are not in their power. This is not absent in Othello and is shown constantly throughout the play. Essay. This trait has been shown within every character in different ways and are all victims of evaluation this of this attribute. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 1031 Words | 3 Pages. The Effect of Jealousy on the Othello Cast Jealous is Perspectives on Wellness Essay, a reoccurring theme in history and today. Jealousy can be . helpful because it can prompt people to achieve greater feats, like Microsofts competition with Apple.

Microsofts jealousy of the Ipad sparked their creation of the new tablet computer. In the late fifteenth century, western Europeans were jealous of the literature and technological advances of the Arabs. These jealous feelings potentially initiated the commencement of the Renaissance. Envy , Iago , Jealousy 1518 Words | 4 Pages. Shakespeares Othello is one such tragedy, a play which explores the complexity of brooks-sumner incident human emotion in Perspectives on Wellness, its many forms. The theme of . jealousy plays a strong role in shaping the tragic events of the play, however it must be said that tragedy alone is not the cause of Othellos downfall. Insecurity, manipulation and pride are several of the many themes which contribute to the disintegration of humanistic approach evaluation Othellos relationship with his wife Desdemona, the focal plot line of the Perspectives play. Othello is introduced to. Brabantio , Desdemona , Emotional insecurity 1126 Words | 3 Pages.

Jealousy : Othello and Iago The underlying current in Toni Cade Bambaras The Lesson is the men should weep study of the contrast between . poverty and wealth and Bamabara bring the two elements to life by on Wellness Essay taking a bunch if underprivileged African American children living in the slums and putting them on Fifth Avenue. The Influence Of Money The Great Gatsby. Miss Moore who has taken them knows more about money than they do and she is on Wellness Essay, respected by Roles in Christianity Essay their parents and on Wellness Essay entrusted with their informal education as she has been to college. In the beginning. Brabantio , Desdemona , Emilia 1130 Words | 3 Pages. Othello Paper: the Effects of Jealousy. Othello paper The Green Monster Jealousy is My Education Is the to Achieve My Career Essay, a common emotion that everyone shares at one point in Perspectives on Wellness, life. At most times it . is when a person is most vulnerable and incident insecure that he loses faith in the things he once felt so certain about. Othello , being of Essay a different race, is a man who fights for all he has ever had in life including the incident marriage to the senators daughter Desdemona, who is not a suitable match for a man like him.

In William Shakespeares tragedy Othello , Shakespeare cleverly. Desdemona , Green Monster , Iago 700 Words | 3 Pages. Cohen Derek. PAIRIARCHY AND JEALOUSY in Othello and the winters tale modern language Quarterly 48.3 (1987): 207 . Professional Development Collection. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. EBSCO. Web 17 oct.

2011 Shakespeare, William. Othello the moor of Venice Champaign IL: Book Jungle D. E. Godfrey, Shakespeare and the Green Eyed Monster, in Neophilologus, Vol. LVI, NO. Brooks-sumner. 2, April, 1972. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. Pp. Men Should Weep. 207-20. Ruth Cowhioj. Blacks in Perspectives Essay, English Renaissance Drama and the Role of Shakespeares Othello , People have personal insecurities. Desdemona , Envy , Iago 949 Words | 3 Pages.

? Othello Essay Shakespeare expands the emotional and intellectual horizons of Comparing Women's in Christianity and Islam Essay his audience using Othello as a medium to convey . his purpose of jealousy . It takes the Perspectives on Wellness audience on The Influence in F. Scott Fitzgerald´s and Ernesto Guevara´s Motorcycle a journey in which they learn of the castigations of jealousy . In Elizabethan times, the world was dominated by men and women were seen as inferior. Women were seen as untrustworthy and this view was reflected as jealousy in male relationships. Shakespeare highlights the Essay dangers of jealousy using Othellos tragic flaw. Iago , Othello , William Shakespeare 1514 Words | 4 Pages. Othello- How Jealousy Destroys Relationships. feeling? But as fast as it starts the Scott Fitzgerald´s The Great Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s Motorcycle bliss is over and the trust test begins; one infraction and Perspectives on Wellness the doubt spirals. No man can escape it and some may die . Men Should Weep. because of it. In the story of Othello by William Shakespeare, there is a constant struggle with true love and trust in Perspectives, a friend. Brooks-sumner. O, beware, my lord, of jealousy ; It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock the meat it feeds on. Essay. That cuckold lives in bliss, who, certain of his fate, loves not his wronger: But O, what damned minutes tells he o'er. Emotion , Iago , Jealousy 983 Words | 3 Pages.

A Central Theme or Motif in the Play Othello, Is Jealousy. Jealousy is the central theme in the play Othello by William Shakespeare. It is the most famous literary work that focuses on humanistic approach evaluation . the dangers of jealousy . Perspectives On Wellness Essay. The play is a study of how jealousy can ruin lives even with only the most circumstantial evidence of Comparing and Islam Essay guilt. The play opens in Venice and revolves mainly around a man called Othello . Its his actions and thoughts which makes the play interesting and suspenseful. Themes such as love, jealousy , betrayal, honesty and Perspectives on Wellness vengeance are all important and. Desdemona , Evidence , Iago 966 Words | 3 Pages. Task two, Othello This play presents several opposing views of love and marriage. What are these views and who expresses them? Iago is . really jealous of Othello because he has Desdemona.

However, Iago does not want Desdemona, he just envies Othello for the sake of it. Iago is Comparing Roles Essay, jealous of Cassio too because Cassio got the promotion that Iago wanted. Desdemona is faithful to Perspectives, Othello no matter what, even when Othello accuses her repeatedly of just the opposite, and even when Othello is suffocating. Envy , Iago , Jealousy 1365 Words | 2 Pages. Othello Othello is a tragedy with different themes throughout the summaries movie. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. There are three big themes that really play a part . in this film. The Influence Of Money Scott The Great Guevara´s. Hatred is often skin deep occurs throughout the entire film and shows how racial prejudice can affect not only the person who it is against but even the people around them.

Bad things happen to good people is another theme which is present. It shows that even if you are innocent that bad things can happen to you. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. The last theme present is jealousy has the. Desdemona , Iago , Jealousy 924 Words | 3 Pages. Your Hook) Jealousy is tragedy - one the most popular topic in the literature.

2. Introduce the Context of Essay (usually name of author . and novel) Othello written by Shakespeare is one of the compositions that express it most clearly. 3. State Argument #1 Iago's jealousy brings the The Influence of Money in F. Fitzgerald´s The Great Gatsby downfall of himself 4. State Argument #2 Iago's jealousy brings the downfall for Roderigo 5. State Argument #3 Iago's jealousy brings the downfall for Othello 6. Present Thesis In this play, jealousy is a dangerous. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 864 Words | 4 Pages. JEALOUSY IN OTHELLO JENNIFER PUTNAM This paper was written for Dr. Breviks English 1102 class. Perspectives Essay. Shakespeare is prominent in . his use of recurring themes throughout his works, particularly those of love, death, and betrayal. All these themes are present in Othello . Most paramount, however, is Comparing Women's Roles, jealousy . Jealousy runs the characters lives in Othello from the beginning of the play, when Roderigo is envious of Othello because he wishes to be with Desdemona, and to the end of the play, when Othello. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 2210 Words | 6 Pages. Othello is a Classic Anything by William Shakespeare is a classic.

Shakespeare is a world-renowned playwright. All of his works are well . known and very popular. Othello is one of, his plays that consist of Perspectives on Wellness Essay sexual jealousy and controversy of a romance between a biracial couple. Comparing In Christianity And Islam. Shakespeare's Othello is considered a classic because is consist of all the elements of on Wellness Essay a class: timelessness, enduring theme, and relatable characters. Othello is a classic because it includes the element of timelessness. First Folio , Iago , Jealousy 768 Words | 3 Pages. William Shakespeare's play Othello , written in 1603, is set in summaries, Venice and on Wellness follows the 'valiant' general Othello who is . manipulated by Iago into his own downfall; being the murder of his wife then suicide. Eyre. The play explores some of the deepest characteristics of human experience, including moral decay, emotional suffering and strong moral acts. This is driven by the themes of jealousy , appearance versus reality, and honour.

These and other elements consolidate together presenting a play with an Perspectives on Wellness, enduring. Ethics , Iago , Jealousy 864 Words | 3 Pages. Can Jealousy and Hatred Be Contagious? Many people have jealousy and men should weep hatred. They can come and go from person to person, . Perspectives. sometimes causing many problems. For example, a student in men should weep, high school could be jealous of another student.

That student could have a new car that they wanted. High school students tend to be over Perspectives, dramatic sometimes. Brooks-sumner. So the student that is jealous and/or mad, could make the other student mad or hurt them in some way. In the play Othello , the author, Shakespeare, tried to show. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 1061 Words | 3 Pages. Othello In the play Othello William Shakespeare uses characters with complexities and personal traits that are timeless and on Wellness Essay . relate to any audience. The Influence The Great And Ernesto Guevara´s Motorcycle Dairies. The play conveys universal issues, such as the jealously that Othello experiences and the duplicitous and cruel nature of Iago. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. Shakespeare clearly and incident thoroughly shows this very successfully by ways such as the characters personalities and how they react in different situations.

Othello is a calm and rational person, until he is consumed by a. Envy , Iago , Jealousy 940 Words | 3 Pages. The Defeat of Perspectives on Wellness Othello The operations of a human beings mind, the place where we hold thoughts, find peace and security is thought to be our . Men Should Weep. ownwhat if this is compromised? Imagine no longer having control of your thoughts and never feeling secure and stable; the Perspectives Essay same way Othello felt after being controlled by Iago. In the play of Othello by William Shakespeare, the character Iago shows his abilities of understanding the mind of Othello , leading him to his downfall. He is able to do this by manipulating. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 1448 Words | 4 Pages. O, beware, my lord, of jealousy . It is the green-eyed monster.amp;quot; (Act3.3) Describe the changes that Othello undergoes as . Iago succeeds in arousing his jealousy .' From Act One to summaries of jane, Act Three of Othello ', we witness the course of Othello's transformation from the Perspectives beginning of the story to approach, Iago's success in arousing his jealousy . Let us first take a look at Othello's character in the very beginning. When Othello first appeared in Act 1, Scene 2, he was a good, honest man, who was domestically. Desdemona , Envy , Iago 1353 Words | 4 Pages.

Evaluate the Dramatic Treatment of Jealousy and Revenge in Othello. Shakespeare explores the universal concepts of jealousy and revenge, and their implications on individuals, through his Venetian play; . Othello . He enables the audience to witness the demise of the respected protagonist as a result of his fatal flaws which are relatable to his audience. Noble Othellos jealousy and passion is heightened by Iago; an external force who takes advantage of Othellos naivety and trust in him. Iagos motives for on Wellness revenge are manifested in his soliloquy, where he reveals. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 1228 Words | 4 Pages. Analyzing Jealousy by using Othello (Shakespeare) and TEWWG (Hurston). characteristic of approach Jealousy . Jealousy is just part of who we are and no matter how much we try to suppress it, it is shown either . directly by our actions or it is shown indirectly by other means.

Othello , by Shakespeare and Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Hurston are two great examples that showcase this specific type of our emotion. Both works use characters that heavily represent this theme of Jealousy and results in a huge impact on how the story turns out. On Wellness Essay. In the story of Othello , Roderigo is. Desdemona , Iago , Jealousy 1199 Words | 3 Pages. Brendan Barbato Ms. Evaluation. Netcoh English IV EEP 28 January 2013 Othello Othello is Perspectives on Wellness Essay, one of William Shakespeares famous . tragedies, which is an epic tale of a moor that is brought to Venice and serves as a general within the Italian army.

Othellos private life can be seen as more interesting than his life as a general, because of his marriage to Desdemona and The Influence of Money Fitzgerald´s Gatsby all of those who try and Perspectives Essay ruin his relationship. Desdemona is the daughter of a wealthy lord, named Brabantio, who is a Venetian senator. The. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 885 Words | 3 Pages. Othello Syndrome Vs. Othello Play The tragedy of Othello portrayed different social dysfunctions in men should weep, each . character. The main character Othello represented a psychiatric disorder known as delusional jealousy or called Othello syndrome after the Shakespeares play; and this social dysfunction interfere in his relationship with wife Desdemona. Although, this play refers long time ago, morbid jealousy is present today in males than women.

Therefore, Othello syndrome obstructed Desdemona and Othellos. Delusion , Delusional disorder , Delusional jealousy 1002 Words | 3 Pages. Othello Essay B. C. Forbes, a Scottish financial journalist who founded Forbes Magazine, once said, Jealousy . is a mental . cancer. Jealousy is one of the strongest and Perspectives the most uncontrollable emotions. Brooks-sumner Incident. It can alter anyone's perspective and lead them to do unspeakable actions, ones that they would never do under any other circumstances. Envy and jealousy have always been around, as most all people are not completely satisfied; they want something more. In Othello , by on Wellness Essay William Shakespeare, Iago. Emilia , Emotion , Envy 1628 Words | 4 Pages. The tragedy novel Othello , written by My Education Is the My Career Goal William Shakespear, was written in around 1600s.

The four main themes of the . story are racism, love, jealousy and betrayal. The two protagonists in the story, Othello and Iago, are basically the one's who were responsible for the tragic events. These tragic events includes the Perspectives on Wellness destroyed marriage of summaries eyre Othello and Desdemona, death of Desdemona, Emilia and also the downfall of Othello . This story questions who was more responsible. Ancient Greek theatre , Character , Greek loanwords 543 Words | 3 Pages. Jealousy ; The Green-Eyed Monster Rationale: Having just finished Act 3 of Othello (by William Shakespeare) , a motif . stood out to me. The motif jealousy , and it can corrupt anyone, even a noble Moor with principles like Othello . While reading I realized how complicated Iago is as a character and how he lacks an origin to his jealousy , yet is Perspectives Essay, convincing himself to carry out his evil doings his ability to Comparing Roles, orchestrate a complicated interweaving of pre-planned scenarios.

Iago's deception is. Desdemona , Envy , Hatred 1306 Words | 4 Pages. Johnson English 102 TR 12:30 Essay 3 Iago, the Villian The play Othello , by William Shakespeare, resolves around Othello . and Perspectives Essay his underlings Cassio and Iago. During the play, one of Othellos subordinates, Iago, develops a very deep rooted jealousy toward a man named Cassio and his commander Othello . Iago seeks out the weaknesses of other characters in the play to get what he wants. Shakespeare unveils that even though Iago is a very intelligent character, he is to blame for the disaster that. Brabantio , Desdemona , Emilia 1009 Words | 3 Pages. would be the play Othello written by Shakespeare and incident Tim Blake Nelsons contemporary appropriated film O. Essay. From the Elizabethan era to the . 21st century it is evident that both generations fall victim to the universal values, attitudes and approach evaluation ideas of reputation, race and the domination of women. In the Perspectives Essay film O, Tim Blake Nelson has stripped back Othello and The Influence of Money Scott Fitzgerald´s The Great Guevara´s Motorcycle Dairies lets the audience have insight on the importance of reputation and because of this individuals are overcome with jealousy . Perspectives On Wellness. Shakespeare effectively. Envy , Iago , Jealousy 1118 Words | 3 Pages. character: Othello . As one first begins to read this play, it seems that Othello is a truly noble character.

Interestingly . enough, with further reading and men should weep studying, one begins to doubt this nobility and speculate if his motives are guided by his love for others or his love for himself. Even though it is hard to see at first, the true nature of Othellos character is actually quite self-centered. Throughout Othello there are several occurrences where it is Perspectives on Wellness Essay, shown that the character Othello is very. Desdemona , Iago , Jealousy 2249 Words | 7 Pages. renowned play, Othello , written in humanistic approach, 1604 demonstrates the numerous beliefs and ideologies of the Essay Renaissance. However, Othello can . now be interpreted in different ways because of the way in which modern contexts change. Personally, I see Othello as strongly portraying the two main issues of racism and sexism. Iago, the men should weep antagonist, is the main culprit with his racist remarks towards Othello and his vicious sexism towards women. Essay. These issues are important to my interpretation of Othello because they. Black people , Desdemona , Discrimination 884 Words | 3 Pages.

?English Literature The focus of the play Othello is Comparing Roles in Christianity Essay, not so much Othellos flaws and weaknesses but more Iagos villainy. Essay. A thorough . analysis of the play Othello tends to brooks-sumner incident, reveal that the focus of the play is Perspectives on Wellness Essay, actually about Othellos flaws and approach evaluation weaknesses rather than Iagos villainy. This conclusion has been reached due to the fact that many elements of drama as well as a characteristic of Shakespearean tragedy are centered on Othello and his imperfections. In essence, the conflict and thematic. Drama , Iago , Othello 1136 Words | 3 Pages. ? Othello Essay The process of Discovery involves going through a series of mental or physical challenges to acknowledge something . that is Perspectives on Wellness, unknown. This discovery can either contribute to My Education to Achieve My Career Essay, ones personal development or to ones destruction. In the Perspectives on Wellness Essay play Othello by incident William Shakespeare and also the on Wellness poem Telephone Conversation by Wole Soyinka the Protagonists make many discoveries that lead to their misfortune. Eyre. Through skilful character synthesis and enforced language techniques Shakespeare. Black people , Desdemona , Human skin color 1130 Words | 4 Pages. Othello In the beginning of the play, Othello is mentioned in description by Iago and Roderigo during their discussion rather . than being physically present; The Moore(1.i57) , the thick-lips (I.i.66), an old black ram (I.i.88), and a Barbary horse (I.i.113).

Other than description, we do not see Othello till Act 1, scene iii. We understand in the beginning through Iago And Roderigos discussions that Othello is an outsider, by Essay description racially and culturally. I believe Shakespeare. Brabantio , Desdemona , Emilia 1257 Words | 4 Pages. William Shakespeare wrote many of of jane eyre his famous plays during his great tragic period, he wrote them with an aim to on Wellness Essay, not only entertain his audience but to . educate them through a social and political reflection using literary and staging techniques. Is The Hope. Othello was in Perspectives on Wellness Essay, approximately 1603, to do exactly this. Shakespeare was known for pushing the boundaries and this play was no exception with the plays central character being an African man in a position of authority. As Aristotle explains, an audiences pleasure. Desdemona , First Folio , Iago 1422 Words | 4 Pages.

Othello written in (1603) by William Shakespeare and O a transformation of Othello which premiered in (2001) by Tim . Blake-Nelson are both texts that explore the concept of jealousy . However, What is Jealousy ? Jealousy is the The Influence of Money Scott and Ernesto desire for Perspectives on Wellness another's advantages which typically results in suspicion and violence - This definition rings true with the representation of jealousy in both texts Both texts represent the concept of brooks-sumner jealousy in Perspectives, different ways. However, both Shakespeare and Blake-Nelson explore. Corruption , Culture of the United States , First Folio 729 Words | 2 Pages. action of the main characters: Othello , Iago, and Desdemona. Othello is, at heart, a play about of jane eyre deception, and the emotional . turmoil and mental anguish it can cause. Although Iago aptly demonstrates all that is evil through his malevolent manipulation of others, he is not the only practitioner of deception in the play. Othello himself can also be regarded as a study in deception, albeit of a much more subtle variety than that of the gleefully fiendish Iago; for Othello engages in self-deception less. Brabantio , Desdemona , Emilia 1233 Words | 3 Pages.

manipulate him. He falls victim to Iago's plot as he allows his jealousy to obstruct his view of Essay reality. He is desperate enough to sacrifice . all his money and even murder to eliminate all competition for Women's Roles in Christianity Essay Desdemona's affection. This desperation eventually leads to his downfall as his attempt to kill Cassio ends in the loss of his own life. Bianca's jealousy originates from the Perspectives discovery of the handkerchief in Cassio's chambers. Her jealousy amasses as Cassio requests she make a copy of it for him. Thinking.

Desdemona , Emotion , Feeling 635 Words | 2 Pages. read about jealousy . The reason is summaries of jane eyre, that my book is more a personal portrayal, rather than a professional book built on a lot of inspiration. On Wellness. . The advantage is that youll get a very authentic look at jealousy , and it contains a lot of inspiration to keep yourself free from jealousy , without having to feel you are reading text from a psychologist. (Not because there is something wrong with going to a psychologist.) Just so you know, if you read my book to Women's Roles Essay, do something about Perspectives your jealousy , there is. 2006 albums , Emotion , Jealousy 1108 Words | 3 Pages. Othello Shakespeares complex tragedy, Othello , is open to a variety of different interpretations, two of which are a . post-colonial reading and approach evaluation a reading from a feminist perspective. Perspectives Essay. Especially in in F. Scott Fitzgerald´s The Great Dairies, our modern context, the issue of Essay Othellos race can be read as a central theme, and plays a significant role in the plays tragic conclusion. My Career Goal Essay. The issues concerning his race not only impacts on his position and his relationship with others, but more importantly his own self-perception. . Bianca , Brabantio , Desdemona 2242 Words | 7 Pages. is. The most striking symbol in Othello is Desdemona's handkerchief that circulates throughout the play. Because Othello gave it . to Desdemona as a first gift, the handkerchief functions as a token of on Wellness Essay his love, which Desdemona cherishes (3.3.1).

Iago convinces his wife to steal it from Desdemona because he knows that it has a lot of sentimental value and that Othello will be angry when he finds out his wife no longer has it. Iago also knows that, for Othello , the handkerchief symbolizes Desdemona's. Desdemona , Henry VI, Part 1 , Iago 1329 Words | 4 Pages. Shakespeare's Othello is a play of destruction, deception and jealousy in which the of Money in F. Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s mind of a valiant soldier named . Othello is Perspectives, manipulated and cheated leading to his downfall. It is men should weep, clear in the play that the contriving actions of others enable his weaknesses to be preyed upon and used as a tool of Perspectives Essay annihilation, but it is through the beguilement of men should weep others that seals him to his treacherous fate. Iago plays upon Othellos own weaknesses and fears with his lies and innuendos making Othello a more susceptible. Brabantio , Deception , Desdemona 1144 Words | 3 Pages. OTHELLO An Assignment for Study on Perspectives on Wellness Shakespeare Subject Submitted for the Requirement of Final Exam . compiled by: AHMAD SAAD I. The Influence Of Money In F. Scott The Great And Ernesto Motorcycle Dairies. 120610083 faculty of HUMANITIES English department Airlangga university 2010 INTRODUCTION Othello (2005) is directed by Oliver parker, and starring by Laurence Fishburne, Irene Jacob, Michael Maloney, Nathaniel Parker, Kenneth Branagh. Oliver Parker made his directorial debut with this. Iago , Interpersonal relationship , Love 1160 Words | 4 Pages.

OTHELLO In the play Othello , the character of Othello has certain traits, which make him seem naive and Perspectives on Wellness Essay . unsophisticated, compared to summaries of jane eyre, many other people. Perspectives On Wellness. This is why Iago, is able to manipulate him so easily. Iago told Roderigo, O,sir, content you. I follow him to serve my turn upon him (I, i lines 38-9). Iago is saying, he only follows Othello to a point, and upon reaching it he will not follow him any longer. This is the first sign of how deceitful Iago will be. Iago has his own evil agenda. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 1417 Words | 5 Pages.

Brittney Shaffer Mr. Alex Perez ENC 1102 10 February, 2011 Manhood and Honor William Shakespeare, in his 1603 play, Othello shows a lot . of eyre different emotions and themes. The one that truly caught my attention was Manhood and Honor and the similarity in them from that century to ours. Between 1603 and 2011 manhood is still pretty much how much respect others have for you, and how highly you are looked at. Honor is a well known term these days due to Perspectives on Wellness, the military service men and women, firefighters. Brabantio , Desdemona , Iago 975 Words | 3 Pages. Shakespeare present Othello as being responsible for his own downfall?

Shakespeares Othello consists of the themes betrayal, . love and dishonesty. At the centre of this play is the of jane tragic downfall of Othello at on Wellness Essay, the hands of Is the to Achieve My Career his so called friend Iago. In this essay I will be discussing the reasons for on Wellness Essay and against Othello being responsible for his downfall through looking at critical interpretations of The Influence The Great and Ernesto Guevara´s Motorcycle his character and actions. In some ways you could say that Othello was highly responsible. Desdemona , Iago , Michael Cassio 1506 Words | 5 Pages.

Buy an Essay Online for Cheap 24/7 - Perspectives On Wellness Essay - 1164 Words - brightkite com

Order Content from the Best Essay Writing Service - Perspectives On Wellness Essay - 1164 Words - brightkite com

Victoria Strauss, Author of Fiction for Adults and Young Adults. There are hundreds of writing contests. Most are real; some are prestigious. But some are fake. While fake contests dont make up a huge proportion of the total, there are enough of on Wellness Essay, them to warrant caution. And even if a contest is legitimate, winning may not do anything to build your writing resume. Fake contests come in several different forms, but they all have a common goalto take your money. For instance, some fee-charging literary agencies conduct them as a way of finding clients.

One agency advertises a contest where the prize is agency representation; representation is brooks-sumner incident, indeed offered (to everyone who enters), but the on Wellness, catch is humanistic approach, that it comes with a hefty editing fee attached. Another agency uses a false name to run its contest; entrants are told their work is Perspectives on Wellness, exceptional and referred to The Influence of Money in F. Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s Dairies the agency, which charges an up-front fee. Vanity publishers may also use contests to on Wellness draw in paying customers. The contest prize is a fee-free publishing contractbut if you dont win, expect to summaries eyre be solicited to on Wellness buy the publishers services. Then there are the contest mills, which make money on the front end, via entry fees. Some advertise enormous prizes$15,000 for the winner, $10,000 for second place, and so onwith correspondingly high entry fees$25 or $30. But if you read the fine print, youll discover that the men should weep, contest owner reserves the right to award prizes on a pro-rated basisi.e., the prize amounts are determined by the number of entrants, thus guaranteeing a profit no matter what. Other contest mills are run by writers magazines, which conduct a dozen or more contests a year, or by Internet-based groups that offer monthly contests, and Perspectives on Wellness Essay, advertise under several different names and URLs to draw more entrants. Similar to summaries the contest mills are the awards mills, which also feature high entry fees (anywhere from $60 to $80), and dozens or even scores of entry categories. Awards mills tend to focus on small press or self-published authors, who face major challenges in getting their work noticed, and hope that an award will help. Although there may be a real prize (money, gift certificates, consults with literary agents), winners just as often receive little more than an announcement on the awards organizations websitethus enabling the Perspectives, awards organization to Comparing Roles and Islam Essay avoid cutting into Essay, the money it makes from summaries eyre entry feesas well as the Perspectives on Wellness Essay, opportunity to enrich the incident, organization further by buying adjunct merchandise, such as Award Winner stickers.

Contest and awards mills are not necessarily scams, since there usually are winners, who generally do receive the promised prizes. Even so, they exist primarily to make money for Perspectives Essay the organizations conducting them, and because of the evaluation, probable lack of rigorous judging standards (judges are rarely identified, and in some cases may not exist at Perspectives on Wellness Essay all), are unlikely to carry much, if any, professional prestige. By far the most common fake contests are those conducted by vanity anthology companies. These companies publish collections of poems, short stories, or essays, which then are sold not to the public, but to contributors. Sometimes publication is contingent on purchase of the anthology and sometimes it isnt, but in all cases the anthology cant be obtained except by paying for evaluation it, and the contributors may then be bombarded with further inducements to spend money: their entry made into on Wellness, an audiotape, membership in an authors society run by the company, registration for poetry camps and writers conventionsthe list goes on.

Vanity anthologizers draw contributors by advertising an open contest, often with thousands of incident, dollars in prizes. People really do win these prizes; what makes the contests fake is that nearly everyone who enters is Perspectives on Wellness Essay, declared a semi-finalist, no matter how terrible their entry is, and Is the to Achieve My Career, told theyve been selected for publication. How bad can semi-finalists entries be? A number of years ago, in on Wellness, the spirit of experimentation, I entered the summaries, contest conducted by the International Library of Poetry, a.k.a. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. Poetry.comone of the worst of the vanity anthologizers, now thankfully defunct. Heres my poem: My cat likes milk. And bugs to men should weep eat. My cat has paws.

My cat has a tail. And big sharp claws. My cat has a bib. And many stripes. She never complains. Or has any gripes. And that is that. If this poem wins a prize, And what a yummy hat it was. Within a few weeks, I received a letter informing me that after carefully reading and on Wellness Essay, discussing my poem, the Selection Committee had certified it as a semi-finalist, which entitled me to be entered in the final competition for a Grand Prize of $1,000. But waitthat wasnt all! VictoriaImagine your poem featured in a beautiful coffee-table edition! All I had to Women's Roles do was proofread my poem, return it, and voila!

Id be a published author, showcased alongside Todays Most Talented Poets And Songwriters in a fully indexed sourcebook of poetic talent to Essay be used by editors and publishers. Poetry.com hastened to assure me I was under NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER to purchase the anthology (though many people do wish to own a copy of the anthology in which their artistry appears), and in F. Fitzgerald´s The Great Gatsby and Ernesto Motorcycle, that my poem had been selected on the basis of Perspectives Essay, my unique talent and artistic vision. I leave it to the readers of this article to judge how artistic my vision really is. In one sense, Poetry.com and companies like it fulfill their promises. They do publish the anthologies, and incident, do include writers who agree to publication. But the hopes they hold out to contributors are as fake as the contests. The books never see the inside of a bookstore, and because publication is offered without regard to quality, inclusion isnt considered a legitimate literary credit. In addition to the legitimacy of a literary contest, theres another question you may want to Perspectives consider: is in Christianity and Islam, it worth your while to on Wellness enter?

Many writers think that entering and humanistic approach, winning contests is a way to build a writing resume. And indeed this can be true, if the contest is prestigiousthe First Crime Novel contest run by St. Martins Press, for instance, where winning includes a book contract, or the Golden Heart Awards, a contest for unpublished book-length manuscripts conducted by the Romance Writers of America. However, for novelists, poets, and Perspectives, short fiction writers, few of the hundreds of contests out Hope My Career Goal Essay, there have that kind of prestige. Perspectives On Wellness. Winning a contest run by an obscure magazine or a local writers group or an Internet contest mill wont cut any ice with agents, editors, or readersnot just because they probably wont have heard of the contest, but because they may be aware that small contests are much less likely to men should weep have professional judging standards. In the film world, things are a bit different, with contests more widely accepted as a way into the industry. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. But although there are more contest options for screenwriters, reputable contests are still greatly outnumbered by the pointless, useless, or deceptive ones.

Contests can be fun and The Influence of Money Gatsby Motorcycle Dairies, challenging. If you win, the Perspectives Essay, prizes are a great bonus. Just be sure to Fitzgerald´s The Great and Ernesto Motorcycle thoroughly research any contest youre thinking of Perspectives, entering, and always read the fine print. And if youre entering contests for unpublished work, consider whether your time and brooks-sumner incident, energy might not be better spent actually submitting for Perspectives Essay publication. Thats the Women's and Islam Essay, real prize, after all. Following are some tips to help you evaluate contests. - Whos conducting the contest? If its an Perspectives on Wellness organization, magazine, or publisher you dont recognize, be sure to verify its legitimacy . If you cant confirm this to your satisfactionor if the contest doesnt name its staff or sponsorsdont enter.

You may have to summaries of jane do some diggingfor instance, this contest, which on on Wellness, the surface looked like a collaboration between a writers magazine and a publisher, turned out on men should weep, closer inspection to Essay be one writer attempting to promote his self-publishing endeavor. Or this one, which appeared to have several sponsors but was actually all the brooks-sumner incident, same (less than reputable) company. Be especially wary of Perspectives Essay, contests that spam you, or are nothing but a webpage with an entry form, or are announced on The Influence Scott Fitzgerald´s The Great Motorcycle Dairies, Craigslist, or appear in the form of an ad in the back pages of writers magazines or an announcement in a national newspaper supplement (these are usually vanity anthology companies). Be wary also of contests that are conducted by on Wellness Essay fee-charging publishers. If you dont win, odds are good youll be solicited to buy the publishers services. Humanistic Evaluation. Heres an example. - Is the Perspectives on Wellness, contest free? If so, you probably have nothing to lose by men should weep entering (though if youre a poet, be aware that a free contest is one of the major warning signs of a poetry contest scamsee the Vanity Anthologies page of the Writer Beware website). - Is there an entry fee? Contrary to popular belief, an entry fee is Perspectives on Wellness, not an indication of humanistic approach, a questionable contest. Many legitimate contests charge a fee to cover processing expenses (which sometimes include an honorarium to readers) and to fund the Perspectives Essay, prize.

However, entry fees should be appropriate. Excessive entry fees can be a sign of a profit-making scheme. For book manuscripts, stories, or poems, between $5 and $25 is typical. Humanistic Approach. Larger contests may charge morethe IPPY Awards, for instance, charges $75but anything over $40 should prompt you to do some careful checking, especially if you arent familiar with the contest organizer. - By entering, do you get the opportunity to spend more money? If youre encouraged to Perspectives on Wellness Essay buy additional goods or services when you entercritiques, marketability analyses, tickets for an awards banquet, even trophies if you winit may be a sign that the contest is a moneymaking venture, rather than a real competition.

Some contests and awards programs are no more than fronts for selling services or merchandise. For instance, this one, which requires contestants to buy a coaching package. Or this one, which peddles paid critique services to entrants. Summaries Of Jane Eyre. Or this one, where winners must buy their own trophies. - How frequently does the organization conduct contests?

Excessive frequencyrunning a contest every month (as this writers magazine does), or bunches of contests every quartercan also be a sign of a moneymaking scheme. - How many categories are there? Reputable contests and awards typically have a specific focus, and Perspectives on Wellness, limit the number of categories under which you can submit. For instance, a contest may be for screenplays only or for book manuscripts only, or may be broken down by market (fiction, nonfiction) or genre (mystery, fantasy, romance, etc.). The point is that a reputable contest shouldnt feel like the kitchen sink. Be careful of to Achieve My Career Goal, contests that call for any and all talent, especially if everything is Perspectives on Wellness, lumped together under a single prize (how can a novel manuscript compete with a short story or a screenplay?). Watch out for contests that have dozens of The Influence of Money Scott Fitzgerald´s The Great Gatsby and Ernesto, separate categories (like this one, which has well over Perspectives on Wellness, 100). Again, the sponsor may be trying to make a profit from entry fees. - Are the rules and guidelines clearly stated? A legitimate contest will provide clear rules, including information about entry categories, deadlines, eligibility, format, fees, prizes and the circumstances in which they will or will not be awarded, judging, and (very important) any rights you may be surrendering.

If you cant find these, dont enter. - Wholl be doing the Is the Hope My Career Goal, judging? Its in a contests interest to name its judges, since the caliber of the judges speaks directly to the contests prestige (or lack of it). This is important information for Perspectives Essay you as well, since a contest with a judging panel of men should weep, successful writers and/or industry professionals is much more likely to be a good addition to your writing resume if you win. Some contests prefer to protect judges privacy, so not naming judges isnt necessarily illegitimateas long as youre confident of the Perspectives, reputability of the brooks-sumner, sponsor. Perspectives. If you arent, be wary. No-name judges may be under-qualified, or the contest sponsors own staff may be doing the judging. In the case of a contest thats a moneymaking scheme, the judges may merely be a fiction. For contests that are wholly or partly judged by crowd-sourcing (for instance, reader votes may advance entrants through initial rounds, with only the finalists actually considered by judges), be aware that this is a capricious process that is vulnerable to cheating. - Are there fringe benefits?

Critiques, general feedback on men should weep, your entry, or meetings with industry professionals are often a worthwhile feature of the more high-profile contests. However, you should never be asked to Perspectives on Wellness Essay pay extra for this perk. Also, be sure that the professionals really are professionals. Their names and credentials should be clearly stated. - Whats the prize? There are many possibilitiesmoney, goods, services, even publication. Men Should Weep. Prizes should be clearly described in the guidelines (watch out for contests that allow the sponsors to Perspectives on Wellness substitute prizesyou may not get what you expect), and they should be appropriate to the sponsor.

Unless youre certain of the sponsors legitimacy, contests with very large prize amounts$5,000 and upshould be treated with suspicion, since they may be moneymaking schemes. (Such contests, which tend to have higher-than-average entry fees, sometimes have fine print that pro-rate the prize amount according to the number of humanistic approach, entrantsi.e., as the number of entrants falls, so do the prize amounts, with the downsteps carefully calculated to preserve a profit for the contest sponsor.) Contests that offer representation, publication, or production as prizes are very appealing. Winning can be a genuine springboard for Perspectives on Wellness Essay a writers careeras with the Delacorte Press Contest for incident a First Young Adult Novel. Be sure, though, that its a prize you really want to win. Always research the Perspectives on Wellness Essay, agency, publisher, magazine, or production company to make sure its reputableand dont enter a contest whose rules make it impossible for you to in F. Motorcycle refuse the Perspectives Essay, prize if you win. Men Should Weep. If publication is Perspectives, involved, be sure that you know exactly where and how youll be publishedmagazine contest prizewinners are sometimes published in a separate booklet available only by special order.

If youre looking for exposure, thats not the way to get it. There should never be an men should weep extra cost associated with a prize. If there is, its almost certain the contest is a fake. - Have you read the fine print? Always read the on Wellness Essay, rules and guidelines carefully before you submit, so you can be sure exactly what youre getting into. Odd and unpleasant things may be lurking deep in Comparing Women's and Islam, the fine print. I cant emphasize enough how important this isyet its something that many writers skip. For instance, you may be asked to provide inappropriate personal information. Or just by Perspectives entering, you may be granting rights to the contest organization, such as first publication or the right to sell your entry elsewhere. Winning may impose obligationsfor instance, you may be required to brooks-sumner incident use the contest sponsor as your agent, or agree to on Wellness publication as a condition of winning (beware of offers you cant refuse, especially if you cant view the contract beforehand).

A condition of winning may be giving up copyright, which means the Scott Fitzgerald´s Motorcycle, organization holding the contest could use your entry for any purpose it wishes (even without your name). The sponsor may reserve the right to substitute prizes, or to reduce or eliminate prizes if certain conditions arent met. Watch out for language suggesting that the Perspectives on Wellness Essay, contest sponsor can use your entry for purposes other than publicity. Of Jane Eyre. And if you enter a contest online, be aware that you may be giving permission for your entry to be published at the companys website, whether you win or not (a frequent complaint about Poetry.com). First published in Writer Online , 2000. Updated version copyright 2012 Victoria Strauss.

MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Best Essay Writers Here - Perspectives On Wellness Essay - 1164 Words - brightkite com

Order Essay Paper - Personal Health: Perspectives and Lifestyles - Google Books Result

10 Ways To Condense Your Resume Without Losing Value. #1 Thing Recruiters Want You To Know About Getting A Job AppDynamics. How To Land A Job At Northside Hospital. 3 Tips For Getting A Job At Medidata Solutions. The Secret To Networking When You Don#039;t Have Any Time. 3 Ways Emotionally Intelligent Leaders Make The Most Of Online Collaboration. On Wellness Essay! In a culture dominated by short Facebook posts and cryptic tweets, we all face enormous pressure to communicate ever more briefly. When it comes to resumes, recent trends have lowered preferred lengths to 2-3 pages. Of Jane Eyre! If your resume is long, how can you possibly condense it without losing value? As a certified and award-winning resume writer, I face this dilemma on a daily basis. Most resumes contain a lot of fat in the form of Perspectives on Wellness Essay, run-on sentences, unwieldy skill descriptions, lackluster branding, and unnecessary details.

By trimming these problem areas, your resume can become a lean, mean brand communication machine. The Influence Of Money The Great Gatsby And Ernesto Guevara´s Motorcycle! 10 Ways To Condense Your Resume Without Losing Value. But isnt it better to include more content so you can weave in on Wellness Essay, more keywords throughout your resume? No, actually. Humanistic Approach Evaluation! When it comes to resume writing less is generally more. Perspectives On Wellness! Heres why: Recruiters, HR professionals, and hiring executives are, like most of us, overworked and Is the Hope to Achieve, inundated with information overload. Crisp lean sentences filled with the right details will stand out more in a sea of candidates. Too many keywords in a document can actually be a negative thing, because it may make it appear you are stuffing your document for on Wellness Essay, the sole purpose of of jane eyre, ranking high in on Wellness Essay, resume searches. The database systems, or Applicant Tracking Systems, that recruiters, companies, and job boards use to humanistic store and on Wellness Essay, analyze incoming resumes are sophisticated enough to identify which documents have the Comparing in Christianity right range of keywords specified in applicant searches enough to meet their needs but not too much to raise eyebrows.

In other words, keyword density is important, but too many such words upset the apple cart. Important details stand out more when there is less text, especially if those details have been whittled and shaped wisely. Clogging up your resume with unnecessary information and vague details impairs its ability to communicate your brand in the four to five seconds it is screened by humans. Perspectives Essay! Lets take a look at a few length targets to give you an idea where your resume is men should weep, out of balance. While there are few hard and fast resume rules, these are general guidelines that most highly experienced and credentialed writers follow.

Resume Content Length Guidelines. Perspectives! Most recruiters expect resumes to be two to of jane eyre three pages in length, with a strong preference for on Wellness Essay, two pages in North America. Men Should Weep! While this varies from recruiter to Perspectives Essay recruiter, most like to see two-page resumes for job seekers with up to 10-15 years of experience. For those with considerably more experience, a three-page resume may be necessary to capture and present all relevant details. There is (and never has been) a one-page-only resume rule, though. Those with limited experience may find that length most appropriate for their needs. Career summary statements have shortened since the 2008 recession and now trend at Comparing Women's Roles Essay three to six lines of text. In mid-career, mid-management, and executive resumes, it is on Wellness Essay, often appropriate to add branding content to this section of the of jane eyre resume, though generally such material is best restricted to up to the first half of the documents first page. Core competency sections are best limited to nine to twelve skills. If using a longer allotment makes sense for your situation, try breaking your list up into sub-sections and categorize your skills with keyword labels.

Generally, each job listed on a resume should include a brief position overview statement. These are best limited to 2-3 lines of text, except in recent executive roles which may use overviews of Essay, up to brooks-sumner four to Essay six lines. If these descriptions are longer, they may need to be broken into two paragraphs to boost readability. Humanistic Evaluation! Too many bulleted statements in a resume overwhelm your readers. Limit bullets to six per role if possible; if you have more critical details that must be included, categorize them into Perspectives Essay sections and Roles in Christianity Essay, label with keyword or action phrases. On Wellness! Ideally, bullets should be limited to two lines of space. The Influence Of Money In F. Scott Fitzgerald´s Gatsby Motorcycle! If additional critical details must be included, consider using sub-bullets or separating content into separate bullets. Amount Of Work History To Include. Recruiters typically are most interested in the last 10-15 years of your experience, so this is the on Wellness Essay amount of My Education Hope to Achieve My Career Goal, experience you will want to profile on your resume. Older experience can be briefly summarized. In some cases, it can be safely eliminated altogether.

Cut out words that arent needed and delete words that are repeated. When youre fighting a two-line bullet length, every word counts, when means the foregoing sentence could easily be revamped to read trim repetitious and unnecessary words without losing any meaning. While all verbs convey action of some sort, some contain more energy and action than others. It may be accurate to say you wrote the Perspectives Essay companys five-year plan , for The Influence of Money Fitzgerald´s Gatsby and Ernesto Dairies, example, but its more powerful to say that you strategized, authored, and executed the companys first-ever five-year plan . Passive language on Perspectives on Wellness, a resume masks the true role you played in the task youre describing. The sentence, I was exposed to different cultures, people, and men should weep, challenges is weaker than, Gained cross-functional and cross-cultural exposure to 5 ethnicities in 12 countries, for example. Avoid vague descriptors and phrases such as a variety of, many, others, and successfully. Replace them with specific details that add value and meaning to the text. On Wellness! Numbers talk, so its imperative to use them in resumes to quantify key achievements and context information. Dont tell your reader that you exceeded sales targets, show them how much you surpassed goals year-over-year. Whether you use a chart, graph, text box, or plain text to do so, your achievements (and therefore your candidacy) will stand out more. Many old-style resumes and built-in MS Word templates still use two-inch left margins. Eliminate this practice and other formatting limits to maximize readability and men should weep, use of space and minimize document length.

Use smaller, narrower fonts, but keep text fonts between 10 to 11 points in size. Place your titles and employer names on Essay, one line if you held only men should weep one role with the Perspectives on Wellness company. Men Should Weep! Eradicate widows and orphans (stray paragraph lines and single words on a line by themselves). As noted above, some content can be categorized or sub-categorized to convey information in on Wellness, more powerful ways. My Education To Achieve Goal! Subdividing a long series of bullets, say, into 3-4 categories that emphasize the cross-functionality of your skill set will not only make your achievements easier to read, it will also showcase your multi-function brand while adding industry-specific keywords to the resume. Give your readers the right quality and type of detail to help them understand the Perspectives full scope of your impact. For instance, if you turned around an incident operation, thats a critical accomplishment to include. But including before and after context details will automatically strengthen the presentation. How much money was the business losing per month or year prior to your tenure? How much profit or revenue was it generating by Perspectives on Wellness Essay, the time you left?

In real estate, its location, location, location that is critical; in resumes, its achievements, achievements, achievements. Numerically quantified statements communicate volumes of information in fewer words while conveying your accomplishment in specific, measurable terms. Heres a sentence from a clients original resume: Managed multimillion dollars business and of jane eyre, IT initiatives from inception to implementation to increase productivity, reduce operational cost, and Perspectives on Wellness, improve service quality by collaborating with IT staff, c-level executives, business users, and eyre, external healthcare service providers. Heres a revamp that shortens the sentence from 35 to Perspectives Essay 25 words while adding content to Is the My Career Goal Essay dramatically improve its results focus: Ramped productivity 15%, cut operational costs $7M, and strengthened service quality 14%, leading $25M to on Wellness $50M cross-functional business and IT initiatives from inception to rollout. Notice that the original bullet spanned three lines while the humanistic evaluation revamp needs just two. Choose carefully which details you include and how you do so. For example, in the original client sentence included in the prior bullet youll find a list of Essay, folks this person collaborated with in his position. The results he achieved are more central to his brand so I substituted the word cross-functional to cover my clients list of 4 groups that required 11 words to describe. A distinction that underlines many of the above points is to recognize the difference between resume content that is important versus that which is critical to include.

There simply isnt room for all important information on a resume, so sooner or later you have to choose which important details are must-haves these are the data points to not only include but emphasize, as these additional examples of the and Islam Essay above content-trimming suggestions make clear. A 15-time, award-winning resume writer, Cheryl Lynch Simpson serves mid-career to senior executives as a credentialed resume writer (ACRW), LinkedIn strategist (COPNS), and Get Clear, Get Found, Get Hired (G3) coach. Like her advice? Check out on Wellness Essay, her website, ExecutiveResumeRescue.com for a complimentary copy of her popular Polish Your Profile LinkedIn presentation, or follow her on Twitter! Disclosure: This post is sponsored by a CAREEREALISM-approved expert. You can learn more about incident, expert posts here .

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content - Perspectives On Wellness Essay - 1164 Words - brightkite com

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 - Wellness Perspectives | Advanced Healthcare of the Palm Beaches

correct essays word A guide to Perspectives writing simply and effectively. Writing essays and approach evaluation dissertations. Spelling - the common mistakes. There is only one way to write properly (Yes, you spotted it!). It is to write in on Wellness Essay such a way that your meaning is clear to the reader. It's as easy as that! Well, perhaps it's not so easy.

There are lots of styles of writing - from the simple, direct style of The Sun or Daily Record to the almost impenetrable style of some academic journals. Essay! All are correct in their way, because they address particular types of on Wellness, reader. In truth, though, The Sun is written better than are many academic articles. Perhaps that's why it seems more interesting! In order to make our meaning understood, we must follow the men should weep, basic rules and conventions of the English language. These rules and conventions are not too difficult, but if you get them wrong you will be in Essay trouble.

Employers expect graduates to be educated, so if you cannot write clearly and My Career Goal Essay correctly, or if your spelling lets you down, then you are unlikely to Perspectives Essay get a job. My Education My Career Goal Essay! As I write this, I am in the process of Perspectives Essay, ranking Edinburgh students' applications for humanistic approach evaluation, study on the North American Exchange Programme. Perspectives! The candidates must write a summary of men should weep, why they wish to study overseas. One candidate wrote 126 words and managed to include five spelling errors - experiance (twice), i ndependant , thouroughly , and Essay exhilerating . That's not very impressive! Help is at hand, but it is up to YOU whether you take it or leave it. If you want to improve your writing, you will find much to guide you on this site. If your spelling is poor then you should always use the Spelling tool of a word-processor. One final point: I have written this site in a conversational style, but for Women's Roles in Christianity and Islam Essay, most of your submitted work you will need to be a little more formal - avoid exclamation marks and words like don't . Most of all, avoid it's at all costs - it's always going to let you down! (see Its and it's ). On Wellness! But, whatever you do, try to avoid being dull. You can miss this section if : you really know how to Roles use words to Perspectives Essay make your meaning clear, you never separate a verb from its subject or object by a comma, you never join sentences by a comma, you never lose your way in a sentence.

Otherwise, you would be well advised to Comparing Roles in Christianity read these notes. Scientific writing tends to be simple and direct, because the essence of on Wellness, science is of Money Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s Motorcycle Dairies, information and its interpretation. However, scientific writing need not be boring. Indeed, it should not be boring! That's a matter of style, and style comes with practice. But most people can write interesting scientific essays by following a few simple rules. 1. Write in the way that comes naturally to on Wellness you, while following the evaluation, basic rules. 2. Avoid colloquialisms . The reader of The Sun expects to find words such as Gotcha! and Perspectives Essay clobbered. The reader of men should weep, scientific work expects a bit more formality. 3. Organise your material so that your work has a clear structure, with logical flow of examples and arguments; then the subject content will interest the on Wellness Essay, reader.

4. Don't try to Comparing Women's Roles and Islam be clever: use simple, common words instead of obscure words; use a simple, direct form of writing rather than putting on airs and graces. 5. Make sure that your meaning is absolutely clear to the reader. 6. Produce a draft, and expect to rework it two or three times before it is ready for submission. The following sentence contains most of the common elements that make up the English language. The (termed the definite article - in this case it defines a particular bacterium, not any type of bacterium) pink ( adjective - a word that describes a noun) bacterium ( noun , and in this case the Perspectives Essay, subject of the verb - the thing that is performing the Is the to Achieve My Career Goal Essay, action of the verb) well ( adverb - a word that describes a verb, in the same way as an adjective describes a noun) on ( preposition - a word placed before a noun or a phrase to indicate some relationship with what follows) a ( indefinite article - like the on Wellness Essay, definite article, but in this case it means any medium not the medium) containing ( participle - a word that serves as an adjective (describing the medium in this case) but is derived from evaluation, a verb, to contain) Our sentence also contains a clause (the first underlined section - 'The pink bacterium grew well') and a phrase (the second underlined section - 'a medium containing glucose and peptone'). Essay! A clause contains a verb, whereas a phrase does not contain a verb. In order for something to qualify as a sentence, it must have two elements - a noun and a verb. It can have lots of other elements, but these just add extra information.

That is a perfect sentence, even though it would not win a prize for originality. It has the necessary elements - a noun and a verb. The Noun ' dogs ' is the subject of the verb ' bark '. That also is a perfect sentence. Men Should Weep! The noun ' I ' is the subject of the verb ' like ', and the noun ' dogs ' is the object of the Perspectives Essay, verb ' like '. [These two sentences differ only Comparing Women's Roles in Christianity and Islam, because of the on Wellness Essay, types of verb they contain. The verb ' bark ' (to bark) is called intransitive - it does not have an object (you cannot bark something).

The verb ' like ' (to like) is transitive - it must have an object (you cannot like without saying what you like). Building on the simple sentences. [N.B. This part is IMPORTANT - lots of people get it wrong!] We can build by adding adverbs. Brooks-sumner Incident! For example: Dogs bark loudly. We can build by Essay adding adjectives. For example: Noisy dogs bark. Or we can add both: Noisy dogs bark loudly. We can use prepositions (because, when, if, etc.) to add further information: Noisy dogs bark loudly when they are frightened. We could go on and on, adding more and more information, provided that our sentence continues to express a single train of The Influence of Money Scott Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s Dairies, thought.

BUT we cannot introduce a completely new train of Perspectives, thought into our sentence. Summaries Eyre! For example, we cannot write: Noisy dogs bark loudly when they are frightened, I don't like that. There are two separate sentences here - two separate trains of thought - and Perspectives on Wellness Essay they have been separated by a comma. That's absolutely wrong, but it is very common in students' essays! You can do two things to correct this common error.

Make two sentences, separated by a full stop (the simplest solution). Use a semicolon instead of a comma (see semicolon ). If you do not feel confident about your writing skills (or even if you do), the best advice is to write short sentences. Men Should Weep! In fact, short sentences can make for Perspectives Essay, an interesting style. Here is a brief extract from a book, The Due Process of Law , by Lord Denning, who was Master of the men should weep, Rolls - one of Britain's most distinguished judges.

The book, believe it or not, is fascinating - well worth reading. Now I return to the commentators. On Wellness! The reaction from England was expressed in two anonymous postcards that I received. One said 'You lousy coward'. The other said 'You ought to resign'. But the reaction from Wales was one of entire satisfaction. The newspapers applauded us. A Dean of Divinity wrote simply, 'Thank you for doing justice by our young people'. You might not like that string of staccato sentences. But you have to admit that each sentence makes a point. The story flows.

And it is hard to summaries go wrong if you keep your sentences simple. Guidance: short sentences can make strong, single points, but the best writing uses a combination of on Wellness Essay, short and long sentences, to give variety and keep the reader interested . You might not like sentences that begin with But or And . Such things were taboos to humanistic approach the grammarians of the past, but never with justification. You will find thousands of sentences that begin with ' And ' in the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers. On Wellness Essay! ). And words like 'however' (for but) or 'additionally' (for and) can sound a bit pompous when the The Influence of Money in F. The Great and Ernesto Dairies, simpler word will do. However (But), you have to admit that each sentence makes a point. Additionally (And), it is hard to go wrong if you keep your sentences simple.

Guidance: you can start a sentence with And or But, but don't overdo it. ' But ' has become quite acceptable; ' And ' less so. There used to be a rule that you do not end a sentence with a preposition. [The word ' with ' is a preposition in that sentence - it is put before (pre-positioned) a noun or its equivalent, to suggest some relationship.] To illustrate a breach of this rule, we could say ' A preposition is not a word to end a sentence with .' Admittedly, this looks a bit ugly, but sometimes the alternative is worse, sounding rather affected: ' A preposition is not a word with which to Essay end a sentence '. Even the grammarians have ceded this point. The advice is: if it 'sounds' right then it is probably alright. To illustrate this, there is a story that Sir Winston Churchill was so irritated by the highly formal writing of one of his officials that he made the following marginal note against a particularly clumsy sentence: 'This is the sort of brooks-sumner, English up with which I will not put. ' [ Churchill knew that this is wrong - after all, he did receive the Nobel Prize for Literature. The sentence should be: This is the sort of English that I will not put up with , because the verb is a compound verb - 'to put up with'.] It is always best to write in the 'active' (direct) sense/voice rather than the 'passive' (indirect) . To illustrate this, compare the following two sentences. The antibiotic, gramicidin can penetrate the wall of Gram-positive bacteria. [Active because the word (noun) that is doing the penetrating occurs before the on Wellness Essay, verb] The wall of Gram-positive bacteria can be penetrated by the antibiotic, gramicidin . Brooks-sumner! [Passive] The second sentence is not bad, but things would get worse if the sentence were longer.

In the examples below, the first sentence (passive) is harder to follow than is the second sentence (active) because the writer keeps us waiting for the main point - that gramicidin penetrates the Perspectives on Wellness, wall. 1. Of Jane Eyre! The wall of Gram-positive bacteria, composed of a thick layer of peptidoglycan and associated teichoic acids, and known to be able to exclude the passage of many types of substance, can be penetrated by the antibiotic, gramicidin. 2. The antibiotic, gramicidin can penetrate the wall of Perspectives Essay, Gram-positive bacteria, composed of a thick layer of summaries, peptidoglycan and associated teichoic acids, and known to be able to exclude the passage of many types of substance. Always try to Perspectives put the in F. Fitzgerald´s Gatsby Motorcycle Dairies, words that relate to one another as close together as possible ; otherwise you keep the reader waiting to Perspectives understand the sentence. We saw this in the last example, but now we shall see it in extreme, using a single sentence from Darwin's On the Origin of Is the Hope Goal, Species . 'Yet reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from Perspectives Essay, a perfect and complex eye to one very imperfect and incident simple, each grade being useful to its possessor, can be shown to Perspectives Essay exist; if further, the eye does vary ever so slightly, and Roles the variations be inherited, which is certainly the case; and if any variation or modification in the organ be ever useful to an animal under changing conditions in life, then the difficulty in believing that a perfect eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable in our imagination, can hardly be considered real.' Phew! Times have changed. Today we might write it something as follows (though we would give our eye teeth for even a fraction of Darwin's insight). It might be difficult for us to believe that a perfect eye could be formed by natural selection.

But this would be feasible - even likely - if the following three conditions hold: (a) if there are numerous gradations from a perfect and complex eye to a very imperfect and simple eye, each grade being useful to its possessor; (b) if the eye varies ever so slightly, and the variations are inherited; (c) if any variation or modification is useful to Perspectives on Wellness an animal under changing conditions in life. Note the punctuation in the second sentence of summaries, my version: colons, semicolons and commas were used in a hierarchy. They were needed in on Wellness Essay this case. You would seldom need to write such a sentence, but you would be well-advised to brush up on summaries of jane, colons , semicolons and commas . In a long or complex sentence it is very easy to lose your track and create grammatical nonsense. To illustrate this, consider the following two sentences. 2. Perspectives On Wellness Essay! The area of The Influence in F. Scott Fitzgerald´s The Great Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s, ground consisting of Perspectives Essay, gardens and fields are small.

Wrong! - because the area (singular) must always be followed by The Influence in F. Fitzgerald´s and Ernesto Motorcycle Dairies is , even if it is an area containing lots of things. The only Perspectives on Wellness Essay, way to avoid this sort of error is to go through each sentence, asking Does the subject of the verb (singular or plural) agree with the form of the verb I have used? If you think this is men should weep, trivial, and that you would never make such a silly error, then read the following notice - a plaque displayed for tourists in Princes Street Gardens. [You will see this plaque just inside the gate near the roundabout at the foot of Cockburn Street.] In the middle of the 15th C this area was flooded to form part of the Nor Loch which served as the northern section of the city's defences until the mid 18th C. At this time the Perspectives, ground adjoining was occupied by humanistic evaluation tanners' premises, slaughter houses and gardens. Around 1825 the banks of the Nor Loch were soiled over and planted with trees. The level area of the gardens were leased to a local nurseryman until the coming of the Railway in Perspectives on Wellness 1845 which divided the gardens from east to west. At this time the whole of of Money The Great, Princes Street Gardens were fenced and transformed into a Public Garden for the benefit of the citizens of Perspectives on Wellness, Edinburgh. The area of Land to the south of the Railway is owned by the Bank of Scotland and has been leased to brooks-sumner incident the City of Edinburgh since 1849. City of Edinburgh District Council.

And to think that Edinburgh, in the time of David Hume, was internationally renowned as the City of Enlightenment. Perspectives Essay! That was before the Age of the City of Edinburgh District Council. Some further examples of 'singular versus plural' [Again, lots of Is the Hope to Achieve My Career, students make mistakes here.] (2) When used as pronouns (substitutes for nouns), neither, either, each and every (including everyone ) should always take a singular verb. We tried to Essay culture the The Influence of Money Fitzgerald´s Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s, two bacteria, to on Wellness Essay see if either is viable. Of Jane! Correct. We tried to Perspectives on Wellness Essay culture the two bacteria, to see if either are viable. Wrong.

It is tempting to summaries try to impress the reader by your erudition. But the Perspectives on Wellness, best writing speaks for itself; it gets the Women's in Christianity Essay, message across simply and Essay effectively. Here is a very common example of scientific pomposity. How often do you read (or write): The experiment was performed. ? It conjures up all sorts of images. Did the person dress up specially for this performance? Was it done with a flourish? With an audience? Do you perform the Comparing Women's Essay, washing-up every night? Even if you do so, would you say to your flatmates I'll just go and perform the washing-up .? Similarly, The experiment was carried out . Perspectives! Do you carry out the washing-up?

Instead of this nonsense, write: The experiment was done, using the procedure on page 55 of the manual. Gregor Mendel did an My Education Is the to Achieve My Career Essay experiment in Perspectives on Wellness which he crossed. That's simple, clear language. That's good writing. Pronouns such as it , he , she , they , them , their are extremely useful. They are substitutes for nouns, and they avoid the need for repetition. Summaries Of Jane Eyre! For example, they save us writing sentences such as: We decided to buy the dog with the long hair, the short legs and the turned-up nose because the Perspectives, dog with the Comparing in Christianity and Islam Essay, long hair, the short legs and the turned-up nose touched our hearts. Instead of Perspectives Essay, this we could have replaced the underlined phrase with it (though, to avoid any possible confusion, we might say exactly what touched our hearts - the evaluation, dog or the turned-up nose). This illustrates that we always should be careful that the reader understands what the pronoun refers to.

For example, here is Perspectives on Wellness Essay, a short extract from Comparing Women's in Christianity Essay, a first-year student's essay. Spiders hunt at night and rely on their tactile sensors instead of their eyes. They are very are highly adapted for night-time hunting. The question is, What does they refer to - the spiders or the tactile sensors? This is a case where the writer could have spotted the Perspectives Essay, potential confusion, if he or she had taken the trouble to read through the sentence and make sure that it said exactly what it was meant to say.

Here we deal with several bits and pieces that sometimes cause problems. Some of them are not important, but the little things can count, showing that you really do understand how to use words. Fewer is used for brooks-sumner incident, numbers of things; less is used for amounts. If you had less weight then the scales would show fewer kilograms. If you had less credibility then fewer people would seek your advice. Perspectives On Wellness Essay! If you had less sugar in your coffee then you would have fewer problems with your teeth. A meter is summaries eyre, something that records measurements - e.g. a thermometer, pedometer, mileometer (also spelled milometer). A metre is 39.37 inches.

Centimetres, kilometres and millimetres are spelled similarly. The only problem likely to occur is the use of on Wellness Essay, like in place of as . Do it as the professional does it. (Correct) Do it like the professional does it. (Wrong) Yes, the common expression ' Like I said ' is wrong! The rule is that whatever follows either (or neither) must be matched (grammatically) by whatever follows or (or nor). For example: Either cats or dogs . Neither you nor I . Either we go or we stay.

But not : Either we go or stay . Brooks-sumner! [But you could rearrange this as We either go or stay .] This also is Perspectives on Wellness Essay, correct: We had a choice of either the cat or a litter of kittens. So is this: We had a choice either of the cat or of a litter of My Education to Achieve My Career Essay, kittens. But not : We had a choice either of the cat or a litter of Perspectives on Wellness Essay, kittens. In other words, think of either . or as to men should weep the two sides of a see-saw - they need to be balanced. This subject is really difficult - you can spend ages agonising over it, especially if what you want to say is not straightforward. The key is to think about the subject and the object of Perspectives on Wellness Essay, a verb . (For example 'I like dogs ', where I is the subject and dogs is the object of the verb like ).

He gave it to me. I like dogs, because dogs like me. The present was given to you and me. Brooks-sumner Incident! [And - I can't resist it - The future is Perspectives on Wellness, ours. ] They have asked John and summaries eyre me to a party. It was me who said it. [But I admit that we could argue about this one] 'Myself' is needed rarely. On Wellness! In fact, it should be used only to emphasise: I do not like it myself, but I can see why you might like it.

Perhaps the best advice is to approach evaluation let your ear be the Perspectives on Wellness, judge - say the approach, sentence aloud and if it sounds right then it is likely to be right. For example, ' I like me' is (I think) technically correct, but you would say I like myself (if you dared to say it at on Wellness Essay, all). Who and whom are pronouns. Follow the guidance on 'I, me and myself' (point 5 above) by thinking about the subject and object of a verb. 'Who does this to whom?', asked the actress, looking anxiously at the script. [ Who is the subject, and whom is the brooks-sumner, object of on Wellness, whatever will be done] To whom should I reply? [ Whom is the object - the person who will receive the reply, not the person who will give the reply] Who should I reply to? [You might say this, in speech, because 'whom' sounds rather toffee-nosed. But in writing the correct form would be Whom should I reply to? , because whom is the object of the reply.

This is a good case for rearrangement - change the word order and it becomes To whom should I reply? ] Who's and My Education Is the Hope whose mean different things. Who's means who is . Whose means belonging to whoever we are talking about . For example: Who's going to do this? The person whose job it is. Which and that might seem interchangeable - and often are treated as such. But there are cases where the whole meaning of a sentence hinges on the use of Perspectives on Wellness, which or that . 1. He died from men should weep, a disease that affects the liver . 2. He died from a disease which affects the liver . In both sentences the final clause has been underlined. In sentence 1, it is Perspectives on Wellness, termed a defining clause - it precisely defines the disease as a disease that affects the of jane, liver. In sentence 2 we have a non-defining clause - it tells us more about the disease but the implication (by using which ) is on Wellness, that this is extra information and non-essential. Guidance: Whenever you write something like this, ask yourself: Can I put a comma before ' which ' and still keep the meaning I want to convey? [In fact, you should always put a comma before 'which' but never before 'that' ] He died from a disease, which affects the liver. Now you are showing us that the extra information is brooks-sumner, non-essential. If the distinction between 'which' and Perspectives on Wellness Essay 'that' is still not clear, then read the Comparing Women's in Christianity, following sentence and ask yourself what meaning do I read into it?

The River Thames that flows through London is highly polluted. Clearly, one meaning is obvious - that the Thames is on Wellness, highly polluted. But you perhaps were puzzled by 'The River Thames that flows through London. Incident! It suggests that there is another River Thames - one that does not flow through London. Essay! If you were puzzled then you have grasped intuitively the summaries eyre, difference between a defining clause and a non-defining clause. The author found it necessary to use 'that', to define the River Thames that he or she had in mind.

Here is another example: 1. There are only Perspectives Essay, a few abbreviations that you will need to use. 2 . There are only a few abbreviations which you will need to use. Following our rule that you should always put a comma before ' which ' , we have two sentences with entirely different meanings. Sentence 1 says only one thing: that you will need to use only a few abbreviations. Sentence 2 tells us two things, both of which are wrong!

First, that there are only a few abbreviations (in truth there are hundreds of them); second, that we will need to brooks-sumner incident use them (whether we like it or not). One final example, from a first-year student's essay on Perspectives Essay, the bear family: The only member of the Is the Goal, Ursidae family, which can be found in Essay the extreme environment of the arctic, is the polar bear. Here the meaning is eyre, abundantly clear - there can be no confusion. The writer told us that there is only one type of on Wellness Essay, bear (the polar bear), and it can be found in the arctic.

Presumably, the Comparing Roles in Christianity Essay, writer meant to say: The only member of the Ursidae family that can be found in the extreme environment of the arctic is the polar bear. These two words mean different things: The author implies that sharks are able to Essay tear their food, so I infer that sharks have teeth. An implication is Comparing Roles in Christianity, something that is suggested, but not stated specifically. In contrast, an on Wellness inference is a deduction. When something is implicit it is suggested. When something is explicit it is stated directly and humanistic approach evaluation clearly. We must say something about split infinitives because a site like this is expected to Perspectives say something about them! However, we need worry about them only summaries eyre, when the Perspectives Essay, meaning of a sentence is unclear. What are we talking about?

In the humanistic evaluation, English language an infinitive is Perspectives Essay, formed when 'to' is added to a verb (e.g. to walk , to incident argue , and to suggest are infinitives). The following are examples of split infinitives because an adverb (e.g. boldly) is placed within the infinitive. We decided to boldly walk through the Perspectives on Wellness Essay, room. We voted to boldly suggest that the Chairman be sacked. These two examples, although technically incorrect, do not really confuse the meaning of the sentence, so we can safely ignore them. But the The Influence of Money Scott Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s Motorcycle, following examples show that careless placement of an on Wellness adverb can change the meaning of a sentence. 1. We quickly decided to change our current policy. [In other words, we made our decision quickly, but it does not necessarily follow that we will change our policy quickly] 2. We decided quickly to change our current policy. [It is impossible to know what this means - did we decide quickly or did we decide to eyre quickly change our policy?] 3. We decided to quickly change our current policy. [This is Perspectives, a split infinitive, but the meaning is very clear] 4. We decided to change our current policy quickly. [We avoid the split infinitive, and our meaning is clear - we will change our policy quickly. But perhaps it is not as clear as in sentence 3.]

The guidance is : do not worry about split infinitives; it is much more important that you make your meaning clear. Maybe means perhaps . Incident! For example, Maybe I will do it. It is a word you will never need to use in scientific writing. May be is Perspectives, a (conditional) verb. For example. It may be significant that.

It is summaries of jane eyre, wrong to Essay write It maybe significant that. because this makes no sense at all. You are saying It perhaps significant that . . Might , may and can sometimes cause confusion, so it is wise to use them to express different things: might , to indicate that something is a possibility - it might happen or it might have worked or it might be significant tha t. etc.; may , to mean giving permission - yes, you may go to the cinema (I allow you to go); can , to mean something you know to Comparing Women's and Islam be possible - hydrogen can react with oxygen . So, if you say to someone ' You may believe that the world is flat ' then you should expect the reply ' Thank you '.

Order Essays Online: No Plagiarism And Top Quality - Perspectives On Wellness Essay - 1164 Words - brightkite com

Write My Paper - Defining Wellness and Its Determinants - Geography

Essay on Perspectives Genetics: The Heredity Carrier of approach, Living Cell. Essay on Genetics: The Heredity Carrier of Living Cell! One of the most remarkable aspects of life is its capacity not only continuously to seek states of dynamic equilibrium in relation to environment but also to produce remarkably faithful copies of itself for countless generations. Many plants and animals exist today in a form virtually identical to that of their ancestors thousands of years ago. Many present-day species of life appear to resemble closely, if not to duplicate, ancestors of several thousand years ago.

Cro-Magnon man, 25,000 years ago, was physically little different from modern man. Nuclei of Perspectives on Wellness Essay, living cells contain tiny rod like structures in pairs, the chromosomes (so named because of their capacity to absorb certain dyes). The two sets appear upon examination to be identical or nearly so. Although the Comparing Women's and Islam Essay, chromosomes of a cell may vary markedly in Perspectives on Wellness size and shape, each chromosome will have a mate of brooks-sumner incident, approximately the same size and shape. Where reproduction is sexual, one set represents the Essay, inheritance from the father; the other set the inher­itance from the mother. The number of chromosomes in a living cell varies from one species of animal or plant to another. Summaries Of Jane. In human beings there are twenty-three pairs. Chromosomes carry what Schrodinger has called a code script. This code script directs the development of the organism from the time the egg is fertilized to the adult state and in major ways governs the biological functioning of the Perspectives on Wellness, organism throughout life. To use a vastly oversimplified and much too mechanical analogy, we might say that the chromosomal carriers of heredity function like the punched tapes or cards which are fed into electronic computing machines. They cause a machine to Roles in Christianity Essay, run through a series of predict­able steps. This analogy would be more complete if one of the processes induced in the computer were the duplication of the respective machine, complete with an identical set of punched tapes or cards.

The procreated duplicator then would engage in the same processes, self-duplication and alland this would continue indefi­nitely. For the analogy to be perfect, the reproduction of a computer would require the functions of two parent computers, male and female, each of which would contribute to the offspring a set of its own punched tapes or cards which would work jointly in directing the offsprings functioning. Until the past decade or so, biologists thought that a specific characteristic of an organism is governed by a specific region of on Wellness Essay, a chromosome or matched pair of chromosomes. This region was referred to as a gene. Prior to men should weep, 1953, biologists conceived a gene to be a highly complex protein molecule. Perspectives On Wellness Essay. However, gene theory has in late years undergone a revolution. First, it was discovered that the chemical carrier of hereditary traits is not protein but a chemical, deoxyribonucleic acidDNA for shortwhich is evaluation centered in the nuclei of cells.

Ribonucleic acid (RNA)a near replica of DNAmoves out of cell nuclei into the cells cytoplasm or outer layers. Thus, RNA actually transmits the coded hereditary informa­tion of Perspectives Essay, DNA to Comparing Roles and Islam, other tissues. Chromosomes consist mainly of molecules of DNA. DNA, through the use of its partner chemical, RNA, has the unique capacity of reproducing itself identically whenever its environment contains the necessary raw materials. However, duplication of the chromosomal genes is by Essay no means the sole function of summaries of jane, DNA. Through the pioneering work of Andre Lwoff, Jacques Monod, and Perspectives, Francois Jacob of the Pasteur Institute in Paris, it appears established that, when a foreign substance is introduced into a cell, it triggers the cells DNA to men should weep, produce precisely to enzyme needed to convert the substance to a chemical form which cells can use to develop and multiply. Thus, in a sense, the basic function of Perspectives on Wellness, genes can be turned on or offthey can perform tasks other than merely transmitting he­reditary characteristics. Research continues and, as of Women's Roles in Christianity, this writing, it seems apparent that we may as yet know little about the functions of DNA. It is evident, however, that it serves as a kind of brain within the cell (to use a crude analogy), the full implications of which forces us to revise fundamentally our concept of the cell and perhaps the nature of life itself.

A second major discovery has been that DNA molecules in Perspectives on Wellness a chromosome do not usually work independently of one another. They tend to work in teams, in the sense that the Is the Hope My Career Essay, functioning of one affects the functioning of Perspectives on Wellness Essay, others. One authority conceives a chromo­some as a hierarchy of fields, rather than an assemblage of par­ticles. The gene concept is evaluation still useful but it now seems best to think of a gene as a function of a region of Perspectives on Wellness Essay, a chromosome rather than as a specific particle. As we have seen, chromosomes occur in body cells in matched pairs. Apparently, their functionsgenesalso occur in matched pairs, one of each pair being associated with one chromosome, its mate with the matched chromosome. When we say that a hereditary characteristic, like skin colour, is governed by a gene group, we really mean a pair of gene groups.

However, it is men should weep common for one member of a gene pair or gene group pair to Essay, be recessive; that is, when paired with a dominant gene or gene group it fails to of jane eyre, make its characteristics evident in Perspectives on Wellness Essay the resulting body structure. Thus, when a gene for brown eyes is paired with a gene for blue eyes, the Comparing Women's Roles Essay, gene for brown eyes prevails. For a person to have blue eyes he must carry two recessive genes for blue. Eye colour is one of on Wellness Essay, a few characteristics in human beings apparently governed by a single gene pair. Other such characteristics include blood type, albinism, and taste blindness for certain chemi­cals. Roles. In these cases, if we know the genetic history of a man and woman for a few generations past, we can predict with considerable accuracy the proportion of their children likely to on Wellness, exhibit a given trait.

This type of inheritance follows Mendelian principles, i.e., the principles of heredity formulated by Gregor, Mendel (1822-1884). Characteristics so inherited are clear cut in the sense that they appear either in full or not at all. But, much more common among human beings are inherited characteristics which are the result of blending, i.e., the interplay of gene teams. These characteristics do not follow the all or none principle; they appear as a point on Comparing Women's Roles a continuum. Good examples among humans are stature, skin colour, and predisposition to certain diseases. It is very hard to Essay, predict the outcome of blending; for Roles Essay example, even if we knew the skin colours of a babys ancestors, for several generations, it would still not be safe to predict the babys colour before his birth. Of course, because of the ways in which environmental factors seemingly can influence physical traits, one is never safe in predict­ing that any particular kind of hereditary trait will appear in an adult offspring. This phenomenon is Perspectives sufficiently important to be explored in more detail. The pattern of genes of an organism is brooks-sumner incident referred to as the organisms genotype, its internal chromosomal structure. The genotype governs what an organism can become in Perspectives Essay a given envi­ronment and also determines the hereditary characteristics which an organism can transmit to evaluation, its offspring (though, if reproduction is Perspectives on Wellness Essay heterosexual, the genotype of the offspring is of course a product of the men should weep, genotype of both father and Perspectives on Wellness, mother).

The external appearance of an organism is called its phenotype. The phenotype seems always to be a product of The Influence of Money in F. Fitzgerald´s The Great Motorcycle, its genotypic and on Wellness Essay, environmental influences. Phenotypes may vary considerably even when genotypes remain the same. The Influence Of Money Scott The Great Dairies. For example, when persons of Asiatic extraction move to the United States, their children (if reared in this country) tend to be larger than the parents and their grand­children larger still. This signifies a change in phenotype but not necessarily a change in Perspectives Essay genotype.

Better nourishment may increase the size of summaries of jane eyre, future generations without in the least changing their hereditary potential. Conversely, two persons might have the same phenotype for Essay a given trait but differ in genotype. Modern geneticists are inclined to summaries eyre, give less weight than did their forebears to the influence of on Wellness Essay, genotype. Certainly, genetic inheritance counts for a good deal in determining the kind of adult a person will become, but the fact is, we do not know the exact role genotype plays in determining phenotype. Scientists used to debate what they called the nature-nurture issue.

The issue could be phrased thus: Which characteristics of an organism are products of physical in­heritance and which are products of environmental influence? But, modern scientists have virtually abandoned debate on this issue; many say that, since we have no adequate means of ascertaining the Comparing, facts, continuing such a debate is futile. The best studies of the effect of genetic inheritance are those on identical twins. Since identical twins result from Perspectives on Wellness Essay splitting of a single fertilized egg, presumably they have identical genes. What is deter­mined by heredity should therefore appear in men should weep exactly the Perspectives on Wellness Essay, same form in of jane eyre the two twinssubject, of course, to such environmental modi­fication as may have occurred. It is true that identical twins usually look very much alike, sometimes to the point where their parents can scarcely tell them apart. However, this fact does not entail their necessarily being alike in other respects. According to one study, the IQ difference of identical twins that have been reared together is 3.1 points; that of fraternal twins reared together, 8.5 points.

However, authorities point out that the Perspectives on Wellness Essay, identical twin studies do not mean much. Most of the twin studies involve twins reared together, and identical twins share a more similar environment than do non-twin siblings. Humanistic. They identify closely with each other and come to Perspectives, see the world around them in almost the same terms. Furthermore, they normally share the same diet and medical care. The most valid type of Comparing and Islam Essay, study with respect to the nature-nurture controversy is on Wellness Essay that of identical twins who were separated in infancy and reared out of contact with each other and in humanistic approach dissimilar envi­ronments. Under these conditions, twins tend to Essay, be less alike; for example, the incident, average difference in IQ scores in doubles that of on Wellness Essay, identical! Wins reared together. But an inadequate number of cases of identical twins reared apart in dissimilar environments have so far been studied to tell us much that is conclusive. We remain on safer ground when we refuse to say that some traits are hereditary and others are acquired. It seems likely that all physical traits rep­resent a blend of both influences.

This question has an summaries of jane, easy answer: No evidence! It is obvious that certain personality traits appear regularly in Perspectives on Wellness one family line and not in another. A considerable proportion of the members of a family may be unusually energetic or unusually lazy, unusually excitable or unusually phlegmatic, unusually quick-tempered or unusually slow to The Influence in F. Scott Fitzgerald´s Gatsby and Ernesto Motorcycle Dairies, anger, unusually amorous or unusually cold. However, the frequent appearance of a given personality trait in a given family line is readily explainable as a result of social or cultural inheritance. John Jr. may be quick-tempered because he has observed that in many situations John Sr.s equally quick temper gets desired results. When this happens, the personality trait is Perspectives Essay learned and not inherited genetically.

So far as we know, all personality traits are learned. However, we have no conclusive evidence that this is men should weep true; if we ever learn how to conduct meaningful studies in this area, we may find that some personality traits have a genetic basis. Some persons are what we call high strung; they are unusually sensitive and Perspectives, easily upset. This particular personality type may well prove to be in part a product of a particular gene pattern. But we do not know this is the case. When someone says that Mary, who has been caught shoplifting, comes by it honestly, he usually means that she inherited a ten­dency which has appeared in the family beforeperhaps Marys Aunt Maude was also a shoplifter. To impute such behaviour to inheritance is to go far beyond the evidence. The wisest stand for a teacher to take is that physical in The Influence in F. Scott Gatsby and Ernesto Guevara´s heritance in itself is rarely of any crucial importance. Essay. That is, as teachers we can get few clues as to how to handle a child or youth from knowledge of his genetic make-up, even if we have such knowledge. What is of vital importance is a childs capacity to modify himself through interaction with an incident, environment. On Wellness Essay. All but the hopelessly defective have this capacity.

Modern genetics helps us understand better what a race is and of jane, how races differ. Two characteristics of Perspectives on Wellness, genes are of prime signifi­cance in this connection. Brooks-sumner. One characteristic is that the function of a particular DNA molecule, or of a cooperating group of such molecules (gene team), remains stable for an indefinite length of time. Mutations, to Essay, be discussed in the next section, do occur; but, barring mutations, gene functions do not change. Thus, a gene which produces brown eyes will continue to do so indefinitely. Further­more, insofar as we know, the molecular structure of such a gene is the same whether a person is a Negro, a Swede, or a Polynesian.

A second characteristic of genes is that they seem able to vary independently. Humanistic Approach Evaluation. At first thought, this statement may seem to contra­dict the earlier assertion that most physical traits are products of gene teams and that a chromosome may be better understood as a field of forces with highly complex lilies of on Wellness, interaction. However, if we regard independent gene variation as relativethat is, not absolutely independent, but relatively sothere is no contradiction. In F. The Great Gatsby And Ernesto. As a result of this second feature of genes, genes which produce tall stature may occur in persons who carry genes for black or white skin, narrow or broad nose, blond or dark hair, blue or brown eyes. Thus, any hereditary trait may appear in Essay conjunction with any other trait. These two genetic principles give meaning to the following definition of race: Races are populations which differ in the relative commonness of some of their genes. Thus, in a particular race a given trait, such as tallness, may occur more often than in My Career Goal another race. A particular shade of skin may be more common in one race than in another. This does not mean that genes capable of producing traits quite different from the usual ones are absent from a race; it means rather that there are majority traits which are sufficiently common to Perspectives on Wellness Essay, make most members of a race look different from humanistic approach most members of another race. This definition is not free of difficulty, in that the problem remains of deciding which traits to on Wellness, use in defining a particular race. If we use only one characteristic, such as skin colour, and assume that everyone with a black skin belongs to a black race, we must include peoples who differ markedly from one another in other characteristics (e.g., Asian Indians, Melanesians, and evaluation, Africans). It is necessary, therefore, to use several traits which are easily measured and which tend to on Wellness, occur in combination.

Anthropologists have used skin colour, hair colour and texture, eye colour, head shape, and Comparing Women's Roles in Christianity Essay, stature. Classificatory schemes used at present usually propose three primary races, or racial stock: Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid. Within this framework several hundred distinct races may be iden­tified, e.g., Nordic, Alpine, Mediterranean, Armenoid, Hindi, and so on. Since the base now commonly used for classifying people racially are arbitrary, and since racial mixing apparently has occurred since the first development of Perspectives, distinctive races, we can only brooks-sumner conclude that the Perspectives on Wellness Essay, concept of race is not very meaningful. In Dunn and Dobzhanskys words. When we say that two populations are racially different we are not saying very much. There may be vast differences culturally between the humanistic, races, but this is a matter of learning and not a product of on Wellness, biological difference. No one has yet been able to adduce scientifically defensible evidence that one race is superior to another in any way which we consider important. Some races tend to be physically more powerful than others, some can withstand cold better than others, some can with­stand heat better than othersbut these are relatively minor matters. There is no evidence that any race has a superior capacity for Roles and Islam Essay intelligent behaviour or a monopoly on Perspectives Essay morality.

Although cultural differences may in some places make racial intermarriage unwise, there is no known biological harm which can result from racial mixture. On the contrary, experience with hybrid­ization throughout the plant and evaluation, animal kingdom suggests that a hybrid strain may be biologically better, i.e., stronger and Perspectives Essay, more vigorous, than the parent varieties. Many social scientists feel that ultimately widespread racial intermarriage not only will occur but will be the only final solution to the problem of men should weep, racial prejudice. The main racial lesson which modern genetics has for prospec­tive teachers is Perspectives on Wellness that there are no known biological limits which prevent one race from learning what other races have learned. However, cultural limitations may be quite serious and may require generations to overcome.

Teachers should recognize that, because of cultural background, some races typically outperform others in an average American classroom. For example, the brooks-sumner, authors live in a community with a fairly large Chinese-American population, and Chinese children and youth are usually high performers in academic subjects. A cultural tra­dition of prizing scholarship, which extends backward thousands of years, undoubtedly explains the Chinese performance. Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply. You must be logged in to Perspectives Essay, post a comment. Before publishing your articles on this site, please read the following pages: